?

Log in

No account? Create an account
petrini1 [userpic]

Hopeful News on the House Front

June 15th, 2018 (03:41 pm)

Earlier this week I posted about a house in our neighborhood that I wanted to buy but could not, because other bids were coming in and we could not afford to offer more than the asking price. Today we learned that only one of the expected offers came in, and that one has fallen through. So it's still on the market.

After speaking today with our financial adviser and our real estate agent, we've decided to make an offer. We're offering below asking price, and we want a contingency for selling our house, and for getting a home inspection before the offer is final. We know there are repairs to be made and want to make sure we'll have enough money left to pay for them.

So tonight our real estate agent is drawing up the papers. I've got emails in to the mortgage guy and our financial adviser about a particular type of loan. I'm hoping they'll be able to run the numbers and come up with a deal we can afford.

So it's far from final, but at least there's a chance. If this doesn't work out, I'm thinking we should make an offer on another one we've been looking at. It's outside of our neighborhood, and I will be loathe to leave Del Ray. But there just aren't a lot of options.